Land Services (Planner)
The Land Use and Planning Department provides technical planning assistance as well as land use and development services in Beaverhead County. The department:
- Provides staff support to the following advisory and decision-making bodies:
- County Commission
- Town of Lima
- County Planning Board
- County Airport Board
- Provides technical planning support to the county Commission, Planning Board, and general public for the development and implementation of the Beaverhead County Growth Policy and other land use plans.
- Manages and administers the County’s Subdivision Regulations, as well as a variety of other land use ordinances and regulations.
- Provides staff support and issues permits as part of the Big Hole River Conservation Development Standards and Permitting Process.
- Administers and reports to County Commission on applications as part of the Beaverhead County Wireless Communications Facilities Ordinance.
- Reviews and reports to decision-making bodies on subdivision approvals.
- Administrates and issues permits as part of the Airport Affected Area Regulations for the Dillon Airport.
- Administrates and issues permits as part of the Floodplain Management Regulations
- Administrates and issues permits as part of the county’s Buildings for Rent/Lease Regulations.
The Planning Board meets the Second Thursday of each month at 1:00 PM in the Multipurpose Room of the Law Enforcement Annex of the Beaverhead County Courthouse.
The nine Board members are appointed by the County Commissioners and serve two-year terms. One of the members of the Board must also be a member of the Beaverhead County Conservation District.
- Subdivision and Certificate of Surveys
- Applying for subdivision, hears, etc.
- Subdivision Regulations
- Subdivision and COS process
Land Use Permits Required For:
- Big Hole River Conservation Development Standards
- Wireless Communications Facilities
- Dillon Airport Affected Area Ordinance
- Floodplain Management Regulations
- Buildings for Rent/Lease Regulations
Long Range Planning:
- Beaverhead County Growth Policy
- Area Plans
- Resource Use Plan
- Application Fees
- Current Activities
- Planning Board Bylaws
- Planning Board Expectations
- List of Planning Board Members
|Robert A. Macioroski||Department Head||(406) 683-3765|
Forms and Documents
- Survey Consultants
- 2010 Subdivision Step by Step Process Application Package
- Subdivision Review Joint Application
- Beaverhead County 2010 Subdivision Regulations
- Beaverhead County Rural Improvement District Process and Procedures
- BVHD Revegetation plan
- Subdivision Weed Management Plan
- Surveyor Information Form
- Surveyor Process Notice
- Weed Beaverhead County Weed District
- Weed Board Resolution
- Weed Plan Approval Notary Form
- Safe Stocking Rate Determination
- Land Use Permits
- Floodplain Hazard Management Regulations- Beaverhead County Ordinance 2015-02
- Big Hole River Conservation Development Standards Ordinance and Application Form
- Wireless Communication Facilities Ordinance
- Wireless Communication Facilities Application
- AAA Permit and Variance Application
- Floodplain Application
- Planning Department
- Zoning Petitions Policy
- Planning Board Bylaws May 2009
- Planning Board Public Meeting/Hearing Expectations
- Right to Farm Ordinance
- Code of the New West
- Beaverhead County Growth Policy 2013
- Grasshopper Area Plan
- Big Hole River Watershed Land Use Plan
- Public Lands Resource Use Policy and Plan Adopted July 2010
- Dillon Growth Area Plan Adopted July 2010
- Beaverhead County Recreational Trails Plan
- Guidelines for Development within the Wildland-Urban Interface
- Dillon Airport Affected Area Regulations Ordinance #2008-01