The Beaverhead County Environmental Health Office provides the following services:
- Permit and inspect the installation of wastewater systems
- License Wastewater System Installers
- Subdivision Sanitation Reviews
- License and inspect: Food Service Establishments, Food Manufacturers, Mobile Food Carts, Public Accommodations, Trailer Parks and Campgrounds, Pools and Spas, Vacation/Tourist homes.
- License and inspect Food Service for Special Events
- Administration of the Junk Vehicle Program
Beaverhead County Junk Vehicle Program
In 1973 the Montana Motor Vehicle Recycling and Disposal Act was enacted for the establishment, control, operation, and licensing of public and private motor vehicle wrecking facilities. This law requires commercial and county motor vehicle storage and wrecking yards to obtain an annual license, keep pertinent records and shield their junk vehicles from public view. This law also requires the control of junk vehicles in your yard, alley, etc. This program is administered through the Beaverhead County Sanitation office. If you have any questions or would like to report a junk vehicle that isn’t being properly shielded, please contact Jamie Flynn at (406) 683-3780.