The Land Use and Planning Department provides technical planning assistance as well as land use and development services in Beaverhead County. The department:
- Provides staff support to the following advisory and decision-making bodies:
- County Commission
- Town of Lima
- County Planning Board
- County Airport Board
- Provides technical planning support to the county Commission, Planning Board, and general public for the development and implementation of the Beaverhead County Growth Policy and other land use plans.
- Manages and administers the County’s Subdivision Regulations, as well as a variety of other land use ordinances and regulations.
- Provides staff support and issues permits as part of the Big Hole River Conservation Development Standards and Permitting Process.
- Administers and reports to County Commission on applications as part of the Beaverhead County Wireless Communications Facilities Ordinance.
- Reviews and reports to decision-making bodies on subdivision approvals.
- Administrates and issues permits as part of the Airport Affected Area Regulations for the Dillon Airport.
- Administrates and issues permits as part of the Floodplain Management Regulations
- Administrates and issues permits as part of the county’s Buildings for Rent/Lease Regulations.
The Planning Board meets the Second Thursday of each month at 1:00 PM in the Multipurpose Room of the Law Enforcement Annex of the Beaverhead County Courthouse.
The nine Board members are appointed by the County Commissioners and serve two-year terms. One of the members of the Board must also be a member of the Beaverhead County Conservation District.