On February 17, 2021 the Big Hole Watershed Committee held a presentation on the Big Hole River Preliminary FEMA Floodplain Map incorporation. The presentation slide can be found here. Thank you to BHWC, DNRC, and all who attended!
Thank You to all who submitted comments on the Growth Policy Survey. We appreciate your input! This will help guide the process for developing our next Beaverhead County Growth Policy. Results of the Survey can be found here.
The Land Use and Planning Department provides technical planning assistance as well as land use and development services in Beaverhead County. The department:
- Provides staff support to the following advisory and decision-making bodies:
- County Commission
- Town of Lima
- County Planning Board
- County Airport Board
- Provides technical planning support to the county Commission, Planning Board, and general public for the development and implementation of the Beaverhead County Growth Policy and other land use plans.
- Manages and administers the County’s Subdivision Regulations, as well as a variety of other land use ordinances and regulations.
- Provides staff support and issues permits as part of the Big Hole River Conservation Development Standards and Permitting Process.
- Administers and reports to County Commission on applications as part of the Beaverhead County Wireless Communications Facilities Ordinance.
- Reviews and reports to decision-making bodies on subdivision approvals.
- Administrates and issues permits as part of the Airport Affected Area Regulations for the Dillon Airport.
- Administrates and issues permits as part of the Floodplain Management Regulations
- Administrates and issues permits as part of the county’s Buildings for Rent/Lease Regulations.
The Planning Board meets the Second Thursday of each month at 1:00 PM in the Multipurpose Room of the Law Enforcement Annex of the Beaverhead County Courthouse.
The nine Board members are appointed by the County Commissioners and serve two-year terms. One of the members of the Board must also be a member of the Beaverhead County Conservation District.